At The Horne Law Firm, our family law attorneys have the skills and experience to provide you with the best representation possible. Our team of dedicated legal professionals has practiced in all areas of family law throughout Southern California. Our attorneys have exceptional academic credentials as well as years of experience that allows us to provide the highest quality legal representation available. Family law issues can be complex and filled with emotional turmoil. It is therefore essential to have a relationship with an attorney that you can trust and who understands the difficulties that you face. Our attorneys are dedicated to providing legal services in a compassionate and professional manner. In serving you as our client, our goals include:
- + Providing advice and legal services with a compassionate and non-judgmental approach
- + Protecting your rights and interests by providing thorough and effective representation in a cost effective manner
- + Pursuing meaningful conflict resolution outside of court
- + Taking an aggressive stand when litigation becomes inevitable
Types of Family Law Cases We Handle
We strive to help our clients resolve their family conflicts in a meaningful and satisfying way. Our skilled legal team has the depth to handle any matter, from simple uncontested divorces to complex high-asset property division and child custody matters. The types of family law matters we handle include:
- Divorce: Our experienced and skilled attorneys will vigorously defend your rights in any type of divorce proceeding. Determinations about property, alimony, child support, custody, visitation and other issues may be decided against you without experienced legal counsel.
- Child custody: This is one of the most important issues in any divorce proceeding. If parents cannot agree on custody, it is important to have an experienced family law lawyer protecting your rights. If custody has already been awarded and there has been a change in your circumstances, our attorneys can help with custody order modifications.
- Visitation: No matter what type of custody is ordered (sole or joint) we will work to make sure that your visitation rights are protected. Our attorneys will also strive to ensure that you retain rights to make decisions about your child’s health, education and welfare.
- Property distribution: The division of assets and property during a divorce proceeding can be a relatively simple, or extremely complex, matter. It is therefore important to have an attorney represent your interests to ensure that any property division is fair.
- Child support and alimony: Issues of child support and alimony can be complex matters and superior legal advice is critical. If a child support or alimony order is already in place, our experienced attorneys can help you modify or terminate those orders whenever circumstances change.
- Paternity: Establishing paternity is very important when a couple separates who were unmarried at the time of their child’s birth. Paternity must be legally established in order to exercise parental rights, or to hold a parent responsible for a child’s support. Paternity also has a significant impact on questions of custody, visitation and child support. Whenever a dispute arises as to who is the father of a child, establishing paternity is critical.